Individuals that suffer from certain kinds of back pain in the New York area may be in luck as the doctors there have a new NYC back pain treatment at their offices known as New York City DISC. This new type of treatment is known as Disc Decompression. This method is quite successful for people with degenerative disc problems, disc herniation and similar chronic back pain. The NYC back pain treatment is gaining popular with many back pain sufferers because it is not surgery and has a very good success rate, especially for those with disc herniation.
What the NYC back pain treatment does is lessen the disc herniations by enlarging the disc space and making the outer ligaments stronger so the herniated parts can move around freely and slip back in place. When there is more space between the discs, they are less apt to rub together causing pain. It also uses negative pressure on the area to reverse the pressure from the intra discs. Eventually the ruptured or herniated disc can move back to its original position.
The NYC back pain treatment is used as a good alternative for those that have disc-related back problems as well as other chronic back pain and have been told they need surgery. Many patients that have already had back surgery that has failed have also opted for the NYC back pain treatment. This gives them the hope of living a pain-free life without going through another surgery.
There are many other methods used as part of the NYC back pain treatment including:
• Botox injections are used when they have pinpointed the pain to a certain muscle or area and want to inject just that area. With most pain relievers, they are used in the entire body. With Botox, it is going in the exact muscle that has the pain. It’s used to release the muscle tension, reduce muscular contractions and give better range of motion.
• Epidurals are a series of injections given regularly. These are injected in a small area of the back and are especially effective for strained ligaments and inflammation in the back.
• Medication is still used for back pain. Some of the more common ones are antidepressants, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory drugs, and anticonvulsants. Traditional pain relievers are also prescribed. Some doctors recommend patches or creams for pain as well.
• Nerve blocks are successful for some back pain sufferers by stopping the pain signals in the brain from transmitting. This is accomplished by injecting pain medicine directly into the nerve.
• Physical Therapy with a trained therapist is often used in the NYC back pain treatment. The therapist can work with your back problems by exercises, massage and electrolysis.